Packages vary from programme to programme but the main benefit students get with all the placements available is the exceptional opportunity to see inside National Grid and see if we're the company for you. We ensure all our placements are structured with clear objectives, and you'll be closely monitored by your line manager, who will continuously help and support you while you develop your career skills.
Best of all, even if you haven’t managed to achieve Scholarship through our Sponsored Student Programme and you have still delivered excellent performance during your placements, you will be invited to attend an early Assessment Centre for our Graduate Development Programme at the start of your final year, leaving you free to concentrate on achieving that all important grade.
· Year in Industry - a 9/12 month paid placement on £12,500 (pro rata)
· Industrial Placements - a year long placement on £15,600 per annum / 2-day development workshop
· Power Academy - an 8-week summer placement on £15,000 (pro rata) / bursary / book and software allowance / contribution toward university fees.
· Internship - a 12/14 week paid placement on £15,600 (pro rata).
· Sponsored Students - an 8-week summer placement on £15,600 (pro rata) / bursary payments / a book and software allowance / summer placements.
Newnet membership - as a new recruit with National Grid you are invited to join Newnet, our employee network for all new starters. With a whole range of events and activities organised by the members of Newnet, it's a great way of meeting people and enjoying yourself. Some of the events are fundraisers - and that's as good a reason as any to get involved. Plus there are many community and educational initiatives.