A great place to grow your career
If you are from overseas and considering applying for a role with us there are some important considerations you need to make before you apply:
- Do you have the right to work in the UK? The legislation is continually being reviewed by the Home Office and UK Border Agency so please check you do meet the requirements before you apply. Requirements vary depending on the immigration route you are looking to take. For more information please go to the UK Border Agency website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk.
- Cost of living - Living in the UK (particularly London) is expensive compared to many places in the World. The cost of living will of course depend on your individual circumstances and preferences, but you still need to be prepared financially. You should consider the following costs:
- Food, Dining and Drinking
- Initial moving costs
- Lifestyle in UK - You need to know what it is actually like living in the UK, different places have different cultures, and establishing what you like / dislike from one area to another is important to ensure you feel as settled as possible. Do as much research in to this as possible so you know what to expect. Our health system may be different to what you are used to, or our banking and taxation processes will also probably vary to you home countries.
Once you have done your research and think National Grid is the place for you, we recognise that moving to the UK and starting a new life here is a big decision, so we will support you in various ways:
- Familiarisation visits
- Relocation support
- Welcome and Induction sessions
Click here to search and apply for current experienced and professional opportunities.